Best 8 pieces of spiritual jewellery
Whether you’re going on a yoga holiday somewhere exotic, have a home practice or are a regular at your local yoga studio, spiritual jewellery can help enhance your practice and serve as a constant reminder of your intentions, says Lucy Edge, who advises how to choose your spiritual jewellery and picks her best 8 malas, mala bracelets and spiritual necklaces below.
How to Choose your Spiritual Jewellery
I recommend letting your intuition be your guide. The things that you are attracted to are generally the things you need to heal. Also be guided by the traditional spiritual properties of the beads. For example, if you need to channel your inner power try beautiful Lapis Lazuli – the gemstone is associated with trust, truthfulness, and strength. Certain gemstones are traditionally believed to work with the chakras. For example, orange carnelian is thought to work with the sacral chakra for energy, awareness, creativity and passion.
At YogaClicks, I am in the lucky position of knowing some of the world’s best spiritual jewellery makers – they are all yogis, and they are all inspired by their practice and by nature to create for you. Being yogis, environmental safeguarding and fostering craftsmanship is important to them; they buy gemstones from artisan villagers and ensure fair working conditions and wages. I’m delighted to share with you some of my favourite pieces – I hope they will inspire you, as they have me, to manifest your intentions and be the person you want to be (more of the time!).
- Calm and Protection Mala Necklace This is a stunning 54 bead mala necklace made with gorgeous Labradorite (8mm) and Amazonite rondelle beads, hand-knotted on pure silk and finished with silver accents. Labradorite is considered by many to have highly protective energy. Traditionally it is a stone of transformation, a bringer of light and hope, offering support during changes in life. Amazonite is thought to have a calming and soothing effect and to connect the heart with the spoken word, promoting loving expression and courage, teaching us to speak the truth and helping us to manifest what we say. This is a short Mala, specially created to hang beautifully on the chest, close to the heart. Calm and Protection Mala Necklace,£154.00
- Sahasrara Chakra Mala Necklace This stunning 108 bead Mala necklace is designed to work with the Crown Chakra. It features faceted Amethyst beads and an Amethyst Guru bead. Amethyst is considered to be the stone of clarity, spiritual protection, intuition, and guidance. Sandalwood beads are also associated with clarity and are said to be soothing and peaceful. Plus they smell amazing! Sahasrara Chakra Mala Necklace, £101.00
- Pure Love Aroma Mala This gorgeous gemstone necklace is finished with tiny Rose Quartz gemstone tassels, rose gold dipped silver accents and a Lava stone charm for diffusing your favourite essential oil. Mine are rose, and geranium. Rose Quartz is often called the ultimate love stone and it is said to promote infinite kindness and peace. Considered to be the most important crystal for the heart it is thought to teach the true essence of love and open the heart to all kinds of love; self-love, romantic love, universal and unconditional love. Pure Love Aroma Mala, £108.00
- OurMala Charity Fundraising Mala Bracelet Stack Ourmala is a charity that helps refugees and asylum-seekers recover from the atrocities they have experienced and rebuild their lives. All profits from the sale of this Charity Fundraising Mala Bracelet Stack are donated to OURMALA. (Find out more about OURMALA here.) The beautiful single green African jade gemstone is the gemstone for the Heart Chakra – traditionally designed for harmony, tranquillity, love and happiness. The Om symbol charm is a sign of universal consciousness and our interconnectedness. OurMala Charity Fundraising Mala Bracelet Stack, £29.95
- Healing Intentions 7 Gemstone and Sandalwood Chakra Bracelet This chakra bracelet has 7 gemstones which correspond to each of the 7 chakras. Each gemstone is traditionally believed to work in different ways to promote chakra healing and the harmonious flow of energy through your chakras. For example, the Solar Plexus Chakra is thought to be influenced by Yellow Ambronite for positivity and self-confidence. Each 7 chakra bracelet comes with a beautiful charm – a Lotus Flower – which is associated with transcending obstacles and spiritual growth. Healing Intentions 7 Gemstone and Sandalwood Chakra Bracelet, £40.00
Healing Intentions Sodalite Third Eye Chakra Bracelet This Third Eye chakra bracelet is made with Indigo Sodalite which is believed to help you focus your insight and access your intuition. The Leaf Charm symbolises hope, renewal and revival, and is symbolic of fertility and growth. Healing Intentions Sodalite Third Eye Chakra Bracelet, £45.00
Root Chakra with Garnet Pendant I fell in love with this luminous red garnet gemstone encircled by four lotus petals the moment I saw it… The rich red of the garnet, the lotus petals that symbolize the energy channels or nadis and allow the gemstone to unfold its full splendour. I wear this pendant to activate my root chakra – for life energy, success, and survival. At the physical level I’m hoping it’s working on my bone strength as I have osteopenia (the precursor to osteoporosis.) It’s also thought to be helpful for cell regeneration, the adrenal glands, and the spleen. Root Chakra with Garnet Pendant, £220.00
Willpower & Self-Esteem – Gemstone Necklace & App This Dorje, an ancient meditation symbol, is set with the alluring Black Onyx gemstone, a stone of elegant beauty. Black Onyx is known to relieve worry and anxiety with her grounding and stabilising energy. A talisman of strength and self-mastery, it inspires us to become more centred and at ease with ourselves and our environment. Each Dorje comes with an accompanying meditation app containing a series of 21 daily audio-guided meditations to nurture your chosen inner quality. With Black Onyx, you receive the Emotional Stability & Letting Go series, to work specifically on this intention. Willpower & Self-Esteem – Gemstone Necklace & App, £249.00
More about Lucy Edge
Lucy Edge is a yoga advocate and writer with three yoga books to her name, including the beloved travel memoir Yoga School Dropout. She writes regularly for the national press, has authored over 150 guides to types of yoga and yoga poses, discovered nearly 250 proven health benefits of yoga through her painstaking classification of 300 clinical studies, and collected more than 500 personal testimonials to the real life benefits of yoga. She is also the creator of an online yoga shop – YogaClicks.Store – handpicking yoga brands that are beautifully made by yogis committed to environmental and social sustainability.