Data Protection and Privacy Statement
The Global Retreat Company Ltd trading as Queen of Retreats Limited (“QOR”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are not a transactional site and the data you consent to give us through signing up to receive our newsletters and information is used purely for marketing reasons. You can remove your consent by unsubscribing at any time. We will not sell or pass your data to another organization without your permission.
This privacy statement (together with our terms and conditions and any other policies referred to in it), explains what information we gather about you, what and how we use that information, the lawful basis on which that information is used and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights and our obligations in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries.
Who this privacy statement applies to and what it covers
This privacy statement sets out how we will collect, handle, store and protect information about you when providing services to you.
In this privacy statement, your information is sometimes called “personal data” or “personal information”. We may also sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting and storing your personal information as “processing” such personal information.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy. Our website is not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or store information about children.
What information we collect
We may collect and process personal data about you because you give it to us. You are free to decide what information you give to us, however some of our services will be unavailable if you do not supply the mandatory information requested
The personal data that we collect or obtain may include: your name; age; date of birth; gender; e-mail address; home address; country of residence; lifestyle and social circumstances (for example, your pastimes); details of how you use our products and services; details of how you like to interact with us and other similar information.
We may collect and process personal data about you that you give to us, as follows:
● If you provide information to us by filling in forms on our website. This may include information provided at the time of registering, subscribing to any of our services, posting material, sending messages, giving reviews, making or receiving payments through or requesting further services.
● Details of transactions you carry out via our website.
● We may keep a record of correspondence between you and us.
● We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• The types of personal data and special categories of personal data that we collect may vary depending on the nature of the services that we provide to you. In some rare circumstances, we might also gather other special categories of personal data about you because you volunteer that data to us or we are required to gather that data as a result of legal requirements imposed on us.
• Where we are provided with personal data about you by any third party such as a service provider, we take steps to ensure that third party has complied with the privacy laws and regulations relevant to that information; this may include, for example, that the third party has provided you with notice of the collection (and other matters) and has obtained any necessary consent (if applicable) for us to process that information as described in this privacy statement.
Use of personal data
We will use your personal data to fulfil your requests and we will ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes for which you have provided consent where pertains to marketing. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post. When we ask you for personal data it may include the following purposes:
● We may contact you occasionally to inform you of new products and services we will be providing;
● We may send you regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you;
● We may send you requested information on our products and services;
● We may use your personal data for marketing purposes and market research;
● We may use your personal data internally to provide you with the services offered by us via this website, to administer this website and to help us improve our services.
● We may use your personal data to notify you about changes to our services, terms and conditions, policies or website.
● We may use your personal data for protecting our rights, those of our clients, or protecting those of our affiliates.
None of the information that we request from you is mandatory.
The legal grounds we use for processing personal information
We are not allowed to process personal information if we do not have a valid legal ground. Therefore, we will only process your personal information for the purposes outlined above because:
● of our legitimate interests in the performance of activities that form part of the operation of our business;
● of our legitimate interests in the effective and lawful operation of our business so long
as such interests are not outweighed by your interests or fundamental rights and
● of the legal and regulatory obligations that we are subject to, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency; or
Examples of the ‘legitimate interests’ referred to above are:
● to verify the accuracy of information provided by a third party;
● to prevent fraud or criminal activity;
● to safeguard the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks, and of our physical premises; and
To the extent that we process any sensitive personal data relating to you for any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because either: (i) we are required by law to process that data in order to ensure we meet our ‘know your client’ and ‘anti money laundering’ obligations (or other legal obligations imposed on us); (ii) the processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under employment, or social protection law; (iii) the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have made the data manifestly public.
We may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive emails or post from us for these purposes, or if you want to be removed from our electronic mailing list you can either select “unsubscribe” from any of the marketing emails that we send or alternatively contact us.
Anonymous data collected through this website
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
Our website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
Links to other websites
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use temporary “cookies” that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie.
This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e.: aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users’ demographics.
Protection of your personal data
All QOR personnel accessing personal information must comply with the internal rules and processes in relation to the processing of personal data to protect them and ensure the confidentiality of such information.
We have also implemented adequate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data against unauthorised, accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, misuse, disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing. These security measures have been implemented taking into account the state of the art of the technology, their cost of implementation, the risks presented by the processing and the nature of the personal information, with particular care for sensitive information.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to complain
If you are unhappy with the way we handled your personal information or any privacy query or request you have raised with us you also have a right to complain to a data protection authority in the place where you live or work, or in the place where you think an issue in relation to your data has arisen
Changes to our privacy statement
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time.
To let you know when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the end of this page. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how
we are protecting your information.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this privacy statement you can contact us at email@example.com
Last updated: May 25, 2018